E-mail MeShawn Weber
For more than 10 years, Mr. Weber has worked exclusively in the area of family law. In that time, he has proven to be a skilled advocate and attorney, as well as an adroit negotiator and mediator. He is especially skilled in resolving difficult divorce, alimony, child support, custody and visitation issues in an unthreatening and confidential environment through mediation, with a high success rate. He was certified as a Family Law Legal Specialist by the California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization in 2012.
Mr. Weber specializes in helping clients reach agreements and avoid the heartache and stress of court. He provides skilled and practical guidance, as well as multiple creative solutions, so that parties achieve a win-win. He is also known in the community for his rare ability to handle high conflict family law cases with patience and compassion.
Clients rely heavily on Mr. Weber for advice and protection, especially when the stakes are high. Families depend on him to be ethical; to give the best, frankest advice possible; and to deliver the truth about their rights and legal position. With an innate empathetic nature, he is able to navigate the most difficult situations. He even helped a couple communicate better in their mediation conferences than they ever did during decades of marriage.
Mr. Weber started with Brave, Weber & Mack in 1999. Just a few years later, he because the firm’s managing attorney, making the firm's everyday business decisions. In this role, he has grown the firm from a small solo practice to a four lawyer, 10-employee firm. In addition, under his guidance the clientele quadrupled in four years. In 2006, he also became a partner and CFO of the firm and is trusted with the firm's day-to-day financial management.
Mr. Weber is a father of five children. He works with teenagers at his church and volunteers with the Boy Scouts of America.
Areas of Practice
- 50% Family Law
- 25% Family Law Mediation
- 25% Collaborative Divorce
- 50% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Family Law, California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization, 2012
- California, 2001
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. - 2001
- Law Journal: San Diego Internationl Law Journal, Student Content Editor, 2001
- Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, USA
- B.A. - 1995
- Major: Political Science
- Major: Germanic Studies
Honors and Awards
- Rating of AV Preeminent, Martindale Hubble Peer Review Rating - Highest Possible Rating
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Member, 2003 - Present
- Collaborative Family Law Group of San Diego, Board Member, 2005 - Present
- Collaborative Family Law Group of San Diego, President, 2009
- Collaborative Family Law Group of San Diego, Secretary, 2007 - 2008
- San Diego County Bar Association , Chair, Law Practice Marketing and Management Committee, 2002 - 2004
- San Diego International Law Journal, University of San Diego, Student Content Editor, 2001
- Collaborative Practice California, Delegate, 2011 - Present